Wurly 4573 AMP transistor and other questions.

Tech Questions Regarding Hammond Organs and/or Leslies

Wurly 4573 AMP transistor and other questions.

Postby Dr.Spectratone on Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:28 pm

Hello, I am trying to troubleshoot and repair the amp from a 68 (i think) 4573 Wurly. I t used to blow three of the 4 fuses and now it blows only 1, so I think I am making some headway. :)

The failure occured (it seems) when several of thee transistors went south. I have been able to replace all of the components except for a transistor (at least I THINK it is a transistor) which bears no manufacturer name, just " F204 132" does anyone know the countermatch or equivalent for this transistor. It looks like a little water tower at the top of the board just under the flat pack acoustic transistors. there are two of them, at the edges, there is a resistor bank inboard of each.

Can anyone tell me what the countermatch or equivalent to this F204 132 transistor is? It is holding up the whole project.

Also is there a Rebuild kit for DIY ers like myself for this unit? A part slist for rebuilding?

How do I deal with those multiple monster caps at the base of the board? Any suggestions for brands or replacement caps?

Lastly, It would be grat to have a bit of advice in how to track down the remaining short. It is blowing fuses, but I just can't seem to find the darn thing. I was thinking of bench testing the unit somehow, any advice on how to do this without endagering myself or others would be appreciated.

Hey thanks for looking.
Dr.Spectratone

Re: Wurly 4573 AMP transistor and other questions.

Postby Dr.Spectratone on Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:45 pm

Oops!
Sorry Hammond folks. Re-posted under "Wurlitzer". Any troubleshooting advice would be appreciated though. Thanks.
Dr.Spectratone

---------

Return to Hammond Organ and Leslies