VV Pratt Reed Bushings Issue

Tech Questions Regarding any of the Custom Products we have here at Vintage Vibe

VV Pratt Reed Bushings Issue

Postby K9Mike on Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:13 pm

Hi,

I purchased some Vintage Vibe keyboard bushing for my Mk3 Odyssey, and am having a bit of trouble. It appears as though the VV bushings are slightly thicker than the originals, and contact the inside of the keys as they move up and down over the key combs. The friction is significant enough to impede or prevent operation. The key combs appear flat and square with respect to the keys.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

- Mike
K9Mike

Re: VV Pratt Reed Bushings Issue

Postby chriscarroll on Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:49 pm

Try inserting a flat head screw driver underneath the key frame and spreading it slighter. There is a slot in the key frame that you can spread apart. That should fix the problem.
chriscarroll
Site Admin

Postby Guest on Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:40 pm

Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately on late model Odysseys, the keys are all plastic and contain no inner key frame. A reference pic is here:

The key comb with the bushing on it is located inside the plastic 'loop' when installed (about the 2 5/8" mark on the ruler in the picture.) There is no ability to widen this loop. Short of lubricating the bushing and key with silicone grease or trimming the 'wings' on the bushings, I'm not sure how else to make these bushings work.

Thanks.

Postby chriscarroll on Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:53 pm

We also have clavinet bushings that might work for you, other than that I am not sure how to help you. If you'd like to can put the old bushings back on a return the bushings you purchased from us - they must not be the right fit for that particular model.
chriscarroll
Site Admin

Postby Guest on Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:53 am

I tried coating them with lithium grease and that helped a bit, but some keys still bind. I appreciate the offer of returning them, but have a couple other P/R keyboards that need bushings, so I'll give them a try on those.

I looked at some pics of clavinet bushings and they do look a bit thinner. Would it be possible to obtain a sample bushing to test?

Thanks for your suggestions !

- Mike

Postby chriscarroll on Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:44 pm

hi mike, no problem best
chriscarroll
Site Admin

---------

Return to Custom Vintage Vibe Products