Vintage Vibe Stereo Tremelo Question

Tech Questions Regarding any of the Custom Products we have here at Vintage Vibe

Vintage Vibe Stereo Tremelo Question

Postby scrambler on Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:30 pm

Hello.
Apologies to begin with. I don't know much about electronics.
I've had a Rhodes stage piano of one kind or another for atleast 20 years and decided it was time to get my servicing skills up. (Looking forward to the arrival of new grommets, felts etc.)
After missing out on a bid for a suitcase model the other day I did some digging and discovered the Stereo Vibe- Stereo Tremelo pre amp.
At first glance this looks like what I'm looking for. If I understand correctly it will slot into my Rhodes Stage Mk2 and comes with a new faceplate so visually it looks 'factory' and will give me a pre amp with the vibrato effect the suitcase model had.
Excuse my ignorance but the '4 pin' cable- is that to connect the Cheek Block power supply to the pre amp?
I live in Australia and wonder what the power requirements are. I notice the cheek block sold seperately (assuming it's the same unit) has an AC adapter in the photo with it. Is it a standard 9v or 12v power adapter that I might find at my local electronics store?
How/ were does the power get to the cheek block from the wall socket- where does the cable run?

Hope the length of this hasn't put you off replying,
Cheers,
CS
scrambler

---------

Return to Custom Vintage Vibe Products