pianet N transformer

Tech Questions Regarding the Hohner Clavinet and Pianet.

pianet N transformer

Postby wildkippy on Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:52 pm

i just purchased a new transformer from V.V. for my pianet N. does anyone know the wiring for this? it has 6 colored wires coming out of it. i have the original specs from hohner for the circuit board but i don't understand the illustrations & nothing there looks like my circuit board. i'm stumped. i want to play this beautiful pianet once again. i need a diagram or drawing or written instructions showing which wire is soldered to which point. i know where the tranny goes, and where the wires get soldered to, i just don't know the wiring. there are 6 wires coming out of tranny and only 4 points that i can see on the board. i don't want to play eenie meenie with these wires. please, if someone knows how to wire this thing in i would greatly appreciate it.
wildkippy

Re: pianet N transformer

Postby chriscarroll on Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:59 pm

Hi, sorry we do not have that info; wish i could help you out.
chriscarroll
Site Admin

Postby tjh392 on Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:19 am

Hi wildkippy

Try asking the guys at the Pianet forum, they should be able to help you, or take the drawing over to an electronics expert, to quote a member on their board:

"If you don't know what you are doing, take this diagram to a qualified amp repairman. This is high voltage and it will kill you."

Hope this helps! :)

T
tjh392

Postby wildkippy on Tue May 17, 2011 12:12 pm

chriscarroll, I bought the transformer from vintage vibe 2 years ago and I still can't figure out the wiring w/o a diagram. you sold me it to me. why can't you help me just a wee little bit? I don't want to get killed tinkering with this thing. all of the hohner specs don't show the bloody trans former. I can't find help anywhere. even electronic techs around here need a guide for this. surely you must have some knowledge about it. I paid vintage vibe $125 +tax for this thing and as of 2 years I still can't use it. please send wiring guide for transformer # 0429. thank you, tom.
wildkippy

Postby wildkippy on Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:24 am

what I want to know is why does vintage vibe continually tell me "sorry.we can't help you" when they are the ones who sold me the part! I asked them for help several times w/this thing. they know how to wire this thing in, they just don't want me to know. what a ****ty way of conducting a business.
tjh392 wrote:Hi wildkippy

Try asking the guys at the Pianet forum, they should be able to help you, or take the drawing over to an electronics expert, to quote a member on their board:

"If you don't know what you are doing, take this diagram to a qualified amp repairman. This is high voltage and it will kill you."

Hope this helps! :)

T
wildkippy

---------

Return to Hohner Clavinet and Pianet