Pianet N - sticky pads?

Tech Questions Regarding the Hohner Clavinet and Pianet.

Pianet N - sticky pads?

Postby ErnieZ on Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:17 pm

Hi, I'm a new member who just picked up a Hohner Pianet N. Like most of the early Pianets, this one is in bad shape because the foam in the sticky pads has pretty much disintegrated. My question is: are there any commercially-available replacements, other than the so-called "sticky hammers" available on clavinet.com? Or: can anyone recommend a DIY replacement that has proved effective? My new Pianet is pretty much mint - but unplayable without some kind of replacement pads.
thanks-
EZ
ErnieZ

Re: Pianet N - sticky pads?

Postby chriscarroll on Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:59 pm

sorry my man, wish I could help you out.
chriscarroll
Site Admin

Postby jjjj on Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:06 pm

I just posted this yesterday. Try it out if you have the time, it works!

jjjj

Postby ErnieZ on Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:46 pm

hey, thanks a lot for posting this! It looks like you've gotten as close as possible to the original. I'm definitely going to try it. But one question: can you give any more specifics about the lamb skin to use? I keep seeing "Cabretta Lambskin" but I'm not sure that's the right stuff. Anyway thanks!
ErnieZ

Postby jjjj on Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:23 pm

Cabretta Lambskin looks pretty similar to what I used, although it's hard to tell by looking at a picture. The stuff I used was available in a bunch of different colors and It felt like what a golf glove might be made of, if that helps.
jjjj

Postby Endhoven2020 on Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:51 pm

I talked to electronics engineer about problems with silicone sticky pads in Pianet L. He tells silicone rubber makes static electricity spark when you pull it off metal. One of the worst materials for static. So very wrong for this Pianet.

I tried the Instructables solution using the 50K silicone oil from the patent.
Great result. Many thanks jjjj!
Hans

Endhoven2020

---------

Return to Hohner Clavinet and Pianet