Model 120 Restoration

Tech Questions regarded the Wurlitzer Electric Piano

Model 120 Restoration

Postby mbielman on Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:23 pm

New to this forum.

Have a Model 120 that was given to me and working on restoring it, or at least make it playable. #1 issue is that the amp was removed. Working on a new amp for it (from scratch) and have some questions. Anybody here have experience with these?

Q) The schematic shows the "bias" resistor for the reed bar as integral/inside the amp chassis. But on mine, the resistor and capacitor are physically next to the reed bar. Is there any advantage to having the R&C this way? (note that a B+ wire must be run to the resistor near the reed bar in this case.)

Q) When I apply +250vdc to the "bias" resistor, the voltage on the reed bar is around 60vdc. Reed bar reads infinite resistance as it should. Is this low voltage normal? (resistor in mine is 22M)

Q) A couple of the reeds short out on the reed bar when keys are played. But I cannot get to the reed bolts. How do I adjust them? Remove the damper/sustain bar? (that goes to the foot pedal)

Appreciate the help!

Mark in Oregon
mbielman

Re: Model 120 Restoration

Postby mbielman on Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:28 pm

(resistor in mine is 22M) Maybe it's 2.2M per the schematic. Will check again and measure it!
mbielman

---------

Return to Wurlitzer Electric Pianos