Last 2 Issues

Tech Questions Regarding the Hohner Clavinet and Pianet.

Last 2 Issues

Postby jordankersten on Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:16 am

After I get my new springs orderd from Vintage Vibe here, then I have gotten my D6 all set to go with only two issues I am concerned about: First, is it normal for when playing the clavinet with soft touch (like when would you do that, right?!) for you to hear two distinct attacks: one when the hammer contacts the string and another when the string hammers on the anvil. Is that right? It it most noticeable on the wound strings and some notes are more noticeable than others. It seems that a few of the wound strings are harder to push down (higher tension maybe?) than others. The strings are from clavinet.com. Are there some inconsistencies with those strings, or perhaps that's just the way a clavinet is. This is my first experience with a real clavinet, so I don't know. If this is NOT how it should be, what do I need to do in order to fix it? My second concern is another one with the lower strings. It seems that a few of the lower strings don't want to dampen quite as quickly as they should. It is very slight but a few strings vibrate sympathetically. How "perfectly" and quickly should those lower strings dampen? What is the trick on getting those quiet? FYI: yarn is brand new 100% wool. I beleive I yarned it correctly as this problem only happens on 2 or 3 lower strings, but who knows, this is my first clavinet. Thanks everyone!
jordankersten

---------

Return to Hohner Clavinet and Pianet