hammond C2

Tech Questions Regarding Hammond Organs and/or Leslies

hammond C2

Postby FanOfTheFunk on Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:52 pm

i have a hammond C2. it has trek II percussion, 1/4 out, and 9pin out. all add by a hammond tech. a while back.

problem is ive noticed i have three note the warble. sounds like having water in your mouth and gargling very quietly. if i pull out the draw bars one at a time. i only here it on the first three.

the note are the same on both manuals, making me think it has something to do the the tone generator.

low C, the C two octaves up from low c, and the A, two ocatves above the lowest a.

the organ is pretty mint. still has the preset stickers, and paper work in the bench.

what is the problem? is my C2 going to die? should i not be playing it till i have it looked at? is it fine to leave it since it doesnt bother me?

thanks. dan
FanOfTheFunk

Re: hammond C2

Postby chriscarroll on Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:01 pm

Hi, it sounds like the percussion needs to be cleaned, what happens is build up of dendrite happens and starts to short the percussion and vibrato scanner. This can be cleaned out by a tech.
chriscarroll
Site Admin

Re: hammond C2

Postby jordankersten on Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:37 pm

If the warble sounds like a pitch fluctuation, it could be a problem with that particular tonewheel. I have a 2-series organ and the oil threads that carry the oil from the cups to the individual bearings deteriorate and the bearing dry up. This causes the tonewheel(s) to not run at a constant, precise speed. The only solution is to take out the generator then oil the bearings individually and/or replace the cotton oil threads.
jordankersten

---------

Return to Hammond Organ and Leslies