Farfisa Tuning Core

Our very own top electronics tech, Greg, answers all your electronics questions.

Farfisa Tuning Core

Postby VintageKeysRob on Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:48 pm

Hello

I have read on this and other websites that tuning a Farfisa is a very very delicate procedure and one that should not be done with a metal screwdriver, etc. My Farfisa has a bad Bb....it is universally stuck on the same high, way out of tune pitch for every Bb (regardless of octave)..which I think suggests a problem in the divide down circuitry. However, when I tried to see if anything would happen if I adjusted the Bb tuning core I noticed that the tuning core had 0 resistance whatsoever to my screw-turning...it was just going around and around. I was wondering if a broken tuning core means the end of my Farfisa unless a Farfisa specific replacement part is found. Based on my very limited knowledge of electronics, Im never quite sure what replacement parts are specific to the keyboard make, and what parts you can simply run down to your local electronics store for replacement.

Any thoughts?
Thanks
Rob
VintageKeysRob

Re: Farfisa Tuning Core

Postby chriscarroll on Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:03 pm

Hi Rob, the tuning core is the metal threaded piece that goes thru your oscillator. It does not break unless it is stripped or glued in and ripped out. Sounds like you have a bad divider or caps on your master oscillator are open or out of tolerance. You can send your board into us for repair no problem. If you need help getting the card out let us know and we can walk you thru it. best, Chris
chriscarroll
Site Admin

---------

Return to Greg's Electronics Corner