E7 Side Panel Removal?

Tech Questions Regarding the Hohner Clavinet and Pianet.

E7 Side Panel Removal?

Postby jesgord on Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:09 am

Scored a nice (but dirty) E7 at a yard sale this past weekend. No key cover and missing the metallic slider cover for the mute bar) Not is bad shape, but needs some work which I am looking forward to doing myself. Planning on new hammertips, strings, and yarn (maybe bushings and springs while I'm at it). Cleaning all contacts, switches, etc. Both pickups seem operational but are a bit intermittent depending on how I physically hold the ABCD switches-nothing some deoxit or a fiberglass brush shouldn't fix. There is some interior rust/oxidation, but I hope it all cleans up alright.

Fortunately, it seems relatively simple to work on, but I do have a question. How do I remove the side panels? There are what appear to be black bolts/screws on the side panels but they seem either capped or do not have notches for a screwdriver. I haven't pulled too ******* them as I don't want to break/bend/scratch anything. Are there caps over the screws that I need to pull out? Do I need to try and rotate them with a needle-nose pliers? Any help with this is greatly appreciated.
jesgord

---------

Return to Hohner Clavinet and Pianet